Sunday 17 February 2013

Sugar Sweet Sundays: FlapJacks

Posted by | |



Sugar Sweet Sundays FlapJacks




I went To Ilford Ursuline, that school is known for many, many things but one of the things I remember from that school is the flapjacks!!! You would think I would remember Pythagoras or how to congregate my French verbs - no, I remember the flapjacks. For good reason to! They tasted like God himself had baked them in heaven and then got Angel Gabriel to deliever them on a cloud!
My friend (Eleanor Coco Larbi - watch out for her book!!) and we have spent most of our lives trying to figure out how to recreate this heavenly treat and I think I've finally done it.
So I hope you enjoy this as much as I do :) 
(p.s I'm sorry this posts looks so messy blogger didnt want to coperate with me this morning)





What you need to have a Sweet Sunday



A stick of butter  
Golden syrup (8 tbsp) 
Rolled oats  (450g)
Caster Sugar (100g)

















































What you need to do to have a Sugar Sweet Sunday






You a sauce pan chuck in the butter, caster sugar and golden syrup and on a low heat let the butter and sugar melt.




Kinda looks like a heart attack....
















































Once it has melted add the oats and stir until everything is incorporated (DO NOT LET IT BURN)














































Put the flapjack goodness into a a greased baking tin and bake at gas mark 5 for 20mins 
et voila 
















































I have to say on this occasion I failed to make Ursuline-esque flapjacks :( I mean these are good! But not Ilford Ursuline good.

Sorry Eleanor


Either way, I hope you have a Sugar Sweet Sunday :) 




0 comments:

Post a Comment